Co-curricular programs at St Mary’s School are designed to complement classroom learning and enable students to try new activities in a fun and engaging way.
Many students enjoy the opportunity to make new friends across different year levels and discover talents and interests they never knew they had.
Some of the co-curricular activities offered at St Mary’s include
- annual Year 6 camp
- Mini Mary’s Prep transition program in Term 4 each year
- Year 6 transition program in Semester 2 (preparing students for secondary schooling)
- Under 8’s Day
- Book Week
- Readers’ Cup
- performance opportunities at the Charleville Performing Arts Festival
- incursions such as Life Education van and University of Queensland Discovery Van visits
- Mission fundraising opportunities
- Rural and Remote Access Program – Instrumental Music Program (woodwind and strings)
- regular Masses and prayer assemblies
- curriculum related excursions
- Charleville Show contributions each May – art, writing, handwriting.